Sunday 21 August 2016

First Pendant & Earrings Set, and a New Shop!

Sorry I haven't updated this blog for quite a few weeks; I also write YA novels (I'm published with a small press), and I'm getting ready for the launch of my second novel, FRAGMENTED

Anyway, onto the jewellery!

I finally finished a couple of pieces! I hadn't anticipated just how fiddly and difficult it would be to attach the fittings and chains, but I've done a couple of pieces now so I'm getting quicker. 

Here is the finished pendant and matching pair of earrings that I made a month ago for my friend's 21st birthday! 




I was so happy with these pieces--and it was the first complete set I made (pendant and earrings), so it was always going to be special. 

I also recently made a pendant for my mum for her birthday--photo of that one to come soon! (I forgot to take a photo of it at the time). 

The other thing to mention is that as well as my Etsy shop, I've also decided to list some of my items on eBay. So, I've got my first two items up there: 

- A pair of Handmade Pink Rose Earrings (pictured below)




- Pairs of Oval Dangle Earrings in Blue/Purple/White (currently two pairs of available in that design--one pair pictured below)



And here are the listings currently live in my Etsy shop: 

Marble Pattern Dangle Earrings - Polymer Clay Earrings - Teardrop Earrings - Cream Beige Yellow Earrings - Women's Earrings (pictured below) 






Please do click through and take a look at those listings! 

So, what else have I been working on? 

Well, I thought I'd share a photo of my 'tray'. This is the tray I use to bake the clay jewellery, but I also store all the pieces that I've already made on it. 



As soon as my book launches (September 7th) I should have a lot more time on my hands, and be able to get a lot more of my items listed and for sale. I've also got plans to make some more pendants with eye-pin fastenings (as this makes it easier to attach them to the chains). And I've just ordered some translucent clay and graphite pearl clay to have some fun experimenting with different designs and effects.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment